The Executive Assistant to the Vice Presidents is part of a small team providing the highest level of professional support to the Executive Team of the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. The position also provides high-level project management, administrative support, and event planning for the Executive Office.
The Executive Assistant to the Vice Presidents provides administrative, project, and event support to the Vice President for Strategy, Finance, and Operations, the Vice President for Strategic Initiatives, and the Executive Office. This position is eligible for remote working but would need to work on Pacific Time.
Assisting the Vice Presidents (75%)
- Efficiently manage and accurately maintain the two Vice Presidents’ complex and dynamic calendars while managing the multitude of competing priorities. Proactively alert the Vice Presidents to deadlines, potential conflicts, etc.
- Manage the logistics for the Vice Presidents’ meetings, including working with the VPs to create agendas, scheduling weekly meetings and retreats, keeping minutes of meetings, and updating shared folders to ensure that all participants have access to the most current versions of documents.
- Become well-informed and conversant in the tasks, key milestones, and workflow issues of the Foundation’s strategic priorities. Proactively identify emergent challenges and surface them to the Vice Presidents.
- Process accounting records of expenditures for the Vice Presidents. Track expenses in Concur (our expense management software), reconcile department credit card expenses, and process reimbursements and invoices.
Executive Office Project Management (25%)
- Manage logistical details for meetings and special events with Executive Team members and external partners, often working collaboratively with other Foundation staff, including: preparing and sending invitations, tracking RSVPs, preparing event materials, securing and setting up venues, arranging catering, audio-visual needs, local transportation for participants, etc.
- Make complex travel arrangements for the Executive Office that may involve multiple travelers and/or multiple destinations (hotel, air/ground transportation, meeting arrangements), and prepare and follow up on necessary expense reimbursement reports accurately and timely.
- Manage and arrange for all technology needs for meetings and events, including the use of Carnegie collaboration tools – such as Google Apps, video conferencing equipment, etc.
- Assist the Chief of Staff with logistics for meetings of the Board of Trustees, including assisting with the board book preparation, tracking board members’ attendance to events and their preferences, and processing their reimbursements.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
Required Education & Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 2 years of experience providing executive-level administrative support and coordination is required
- Experience with event planning and/or project coordination is strongly preferred.
- Experience working in the field of education or in a non-profit environment is preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Highly skilled in both oral and written communication; able to communicate proactively and effectively at all levels of the organization, with executives, internal and external constituents, and people from a variety of backgrounds and life experiences;
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance
- Ability to work independently toward goals while also able to work closely and effectively with others;
- Proven ability to manage complex projects and event logistics that involve multiple high-level stakeholders;
- Ability to exhibit confidence, sound judgment, and be dependable, proactive, and trustworthy;
- Ability to multitask effectively and meet multiple deadlines in a calm, courteous, and professional manner;
- Highly skilled using modern office technologies and tools including Zoom, MS Office, Google Apps, Concur, and SAAS platforms like Smartsheet and Hubspot
- Possess a growth mindset toward learning new skills, technologies, and tools in order to improve systems and processes
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment.
Physical Abilities Required
- This position requires auditory and near visual acuity.
- This position may require spending time frequently keyboarding and looking at a computer screen.
Benefits & Perks
- Full medical, dental, vision, life, accidental death, disability, and long-term care insurance, as well as employer subsidized flexible spending plans
- A retirement savings plan, including employer contributions after one year of service
- Generous time-off benefits including paid holidays and paid parental leave
- Matching Gift program to benefit charitable organizations
- Educational Assistance to further your professional development
- The facility is located in Stanford, California in a quiet pastoral setting near a hiking trail.
- Amenities include a communal kitchen (coffee, tea, and drinks provided), outdoor eating areas, free parking, and electric car charging stations
Permanent link to page: https://www.carnegiefoundation.org/engage-with-us/careers/listings/executive-assistant-to-the-vice-presidents/