The Communications Coordinator will be responsible for supporting numerous communications and media projects that support the Foundation’s communications and field-building efforts across its multiple channels, including print, Web, email, and social media. S/he will be an integral part of the Communications team, working on delivering key content and messages to our targeted audiences; participating in the implementation of communications strategies; acting as a project coordinator; and implementing and executing projects and tasks.
- Collaborate with the Communications team to implement the Foundation’s communications strategic and field building plan.
- Develop and implement a project management approach to organizing and sequencing the group’s projects and initiatives; develop and monitor activity and production calendars; support requests to ensure timely delivery of communications project deliverables.
- Develop, document, and maintain processes for quality in content development, creation, and production and for asset management.
- Coordinate and manage compelling and up-to-date content for the public website, social media, and other channels, platforms, and products.
- Manage the Foundation’s social media presence by monitoring, coordinating, recommending, and scheduling content to share via social media.
- Maintain the Foundation’s customer relations management database for the purpose of email production and event information management.
- Monitor and report on key content and user analytics and usage; use analytics data to recommend and adjust content and communications strategy.
- Maintain and monitor media coverage.
- Provide support with website updates and pending redesign.
- Serve as a resource and contact to vendors and consultants.
- Provide editorial and research support across the organization.
- Provide high-level administrative support to the Educative Communications group, as needed.
- Other related duties as required or requested.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Journalism, or other relevant field.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Interest or experience in the field of education or in nonprofit organizations is a plus but not required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of project management and coordination.
- Ability to develop a strong understanding about the Foundation’s work, priorities, and initiatives.
- Must possess very strong computer skills (MS Office, Google Apps, and video conferencing platforms), with the ability to learn new technologies and software quickly.
- Familiarity with HubSpot Customer Relations Management or comparable system.
- Proficiency with marketing technology tools and platforms.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, takes initiative and is able to work independently.
- Solid understanding of current social media platforms, online content distribution, web analytics and search engine optimization.
- Knowledge and comfort with HTML, CSS, Adobe Creative Suite or a willingness to learn in a short time period.
- Must be highly dependable and able to determine and ask the necessary questions to follow through on a given assignment in an effective and timely manner.
- Must have the ability to multitask quickly and effectively and meet multiple deadlines in a calm and professional manner.
- High level of comfort communicating at all levels of the organization and in groups of both internal and external constituents.
- Must exhibit sound judgment, be dependable, and be proactive.
- Ability to think critically and synthesize complex information from multiple sources.
- Desire to be part of, and ability to contribute to, a highly collaborative environment. Be approachable, able to work with varied constituencies, and help whenever needed.
- An interest in continuous improvement, and problem solving, including a desire to learn new processes, concepts, software, etc.
THE WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- The Foundation offers a collaborative, community-building atmosphere grounded in an environment of mutual respect.
- The facility is located in Stanford, California in a quiet pastoral setting near a hiking trail.
- Amenities include a communal kitchen (coffee, tea, and drinks provided), weekly catered lunches, and outdoor eating/gathering areas.
- We also offer on-site yoga classes, free parking, and electric car charging stations.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Full medical, dental, vision, life, accidental death, disability, and long term care insurance, as well as employer subsidized flexible spending plans
- A retirement savings plan, including employer contributions and the opportunity for your own tax-advantaged savings
- Generous time-off benefits including 16 paid holidays and up to 6 weeks paid parental leave
- Matching Gift program to benefit charitable organizations and Educational Assistance to further your professional development
Permanent link to page: https://www.carnegiefoundation.org/engage-with-us/jobs/listings/communications-coordinator/