The call for applications for the 2018 Spotlight is closed.
Read below for more information on why to apply, expectations of spotlighted groups, important dates, and access to the category-specific applications. Check back next summer for the 2019 call for applications or join our mailing list to be notified.
Spotlighted groups chosen in each category will:
- Be publicized nationally as leaders in the field of education improvement
- Inspire others to take up these quality improvement approaches with similar rigor
- Learn from and develop colleagueship with other Spotlight honorees
- Receive special recognition at two Carnegie Foundation events:
- The Spotlight on Quality in Continuous Improvement Symposium scheduled for November 15, 2018, in Washington, DC
- The 6th annual Carnegie Foundation Summit on Improvement in Education, scheduled for April 16-18, 2019, in San Francisco, CA
- Be featured in educative videos and written cases
- Receive complimentary travel, lodging, and registration for two colleagues at both events
Expectations of Spotlighted Groups
Leaders from spotlighted organizations, project teams, and improvement networks will be expected to participate in the following activities:
- Participation and presentations at the Spotlight on Quality in Continuous Improvement Symposium scheduled for November 15, 2018, in Washington, DC
- Presentation(s) for Spotlight on Quality in Continuous Improvement sessions at the Summit on Improvement in Education, scheduled for April 16-18, 2019, in San Francisco, CA
- Interviews for educative videos and cases
Learn more about the spotlighted groups from 2017.
To apply for one of the Spotlight categories, follow these steps.
- Download your category-specific application: Improvement Project Team application (PDF), Organizational Transformation application (PDF), Improvement Networks application (PDF).
- Prepare your responses in a local document ahead of submitting your application, since the online application will be need to be submitted within a single session. The three parts of the application include:
- Part One: General questions for all three categories
- Part Two: Specific questions for each category
- Part Three: Evidence of continuous improvement in each category