This position provides administrative assistance to the Facilities team as well as support to other related teams when needed.
- Handle routine correspondence, including e-mail and web-based communications. Upon request, prepare draft responses or, when appropriate, respond directly.
- Coordinate information flow regarding upcoming facilities related projects to operations staff, program staff, and vendors using Microsoft Outlook.
- Coordinate and monitor the Facilities office calendar; track projects and deliverables.
- Handle telephone communications, taking accurate messages, notifying Team members promptly and, when appropriate, taking initiative to handle the call or research appropriate information to enable a timely response.
- Serve as backup to Receptionist and other front desk staff, including preparing rooms for meetings, stocking refrigerators,
- Working with the Director of Facilities and other members of the Facilities team, maintain accurate accounting records of expenditures; process expenditure paperwork in accordance with internal accounting system.
- Assist with the management of the CMMS system, including receiving work request, tracking work orders, and entering departmental and system data.
- Maintain contact lists and account information for vendors, contractors, and other departmental contacts. Under the direction of the Director, research and obtain bids for Facilities projects and assist in the preparation of contracts.
- In collaboration with Facilities staff, maintain and update departmental policies and processes.
- Assist with the planning and execution of various department and Foundation-wide meetings and special events.
- Other duties as requested.
Education & Experience Requirements
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Two or more years of relevant and increasingly responsible administrative experience.
- Experience working in the field of education or in a non-profit environment is a definite plus, but not required.
Skill Requirements and Qualifications
- Must possess very strong computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other Office Suite components, etc.), organizational skills, writing skills, and interpersonal/communication skills.
- Must have accurate keyboarding skills and meticulous proofreading skills in the areas of grammar, punctuation, and consistency of format and style.
- Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems preferred but not required.
- A willingness and an ability to learn and apply knowledge quickly are essential, particularly with regard to specialized software.
- Must be very flexible and comfortable working in an environment with a high degree of ambiguity and where processes, timelines, and targets are evolving.
- Must have the ability to multi-task effectively and meet multiple deadlines in a calm, courteous, and professional manner.
- Must be able to work collaboratively and harmoniously as a member of close knit administrative and program teams.
- The position requires regular lifting, pulling or pushing objects of less than 50 pounds.
- Bending, kneeling, and carrying are occasionally required.
- A significant amount of time is spent sitting.
- The position requires visual and auditory acuity.
THE WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- The Foundation offers a collaborative, community-building atmosphere grounded in an environment of mutual respect.
- The facility is located in Stanford, California in a quiet pastoral setting near a hiking trail.
- Amenities include a communal kitchen (coffee, tea, and drinks provided), weekly catered lunches, and outdoor eating/gathering areas.
- We also offer on-site yoga classes, free parking, and electric car charging stations.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Full medical, dental, vision, life, accidental death, disability, and long term care insurance, as well as employer subsidized flexible spending plans
- A retirement savings plan, including employer contributions and the opportunity for your own tax-advantaged savings
- Generous time-off benefits including 15 paid holidays and up to 6 weeks paid parental leave
- Matching Gift program to benefit charitable organizations and Educational Assistance to further your professional development
Permanent link to page: https://www.carnegiefoundation.org/get-involved/jobs/listings/administrative-assistant/