The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching is seeking an Office and Facilities Assistant to perform a wide range of general office and facilities responsibilities to support the overall administrative and research activities of the Foundation. This is a part-time position offering approximately 12-17 hours per week with the potential for more hours during special events or convenings. General hours set at Monday through Friday, 1:00 pm to 5:15 pm. Compensation is $15 per hour.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Office Assistant may be asked to help with some or all of the following tasks:
- Work with the Receptionist and the Facilities Coordinator to maintain an inventory of office and kitchen supplies, restock the refrigerators, ensure that the kitchen and supply rooms are maintained in an orderly manner, and photocopiers are regularly stocked with paper and staples.
- Assist with administrative tasks such as: data entry, photocopying, collating, preparing name tags, tent cards, labels, and other materials as requested.
- Assist with setup and takedown for meetings and special events. Help direct guests to meeting spaces, distribute name tags, arrange transportation, replenish drinks and snacks, move table/chair configurations, etc.
- Serve as backup at the reception desk. Greet and direct guests, answer phones, route calls, take messages, respond to general inquiries, distribute and post mail, and serve as the Foundation’s “gatekeeper.”
- Assist with research or proofreading tasks, as requested.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalency required.
- Some college experience preferred.
- 1 to 2 years of relevant work experience preferred
Skill Requirements and Qualifications
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and exhibit good judgment; excellent proofreading skills in the areas of grammar and spelling are a plus.
- Computer literacy, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps is required, along with good typing skills.
- Able to lift, carry, push, and pull objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be flexible and able to work collaboratively and effectively as a member of the operations team.
- Positive, cooperative, and pleasant can-do attitude is essential.
- Must be dependable, reliable, and consistently punctual.
- Must be comfortable with frequent change and able to shift to new tasks easily and quickly.
The Working Environment
- The Foundation offers a collaborative, community-building atmosphere grounded in an environment of mutual respect.
- The facility is located in Stanford, California in a quiet pastoral setting near a hiking trail.
- Amenities include a communal kitchen (coffee, tea, and drinks provided), weekly catered lunches, and outdoor eating/gathering areas.
- We also offer on-site yoga classes, free parking, and electric car charging stations.
Permanent link to page: https://www.carnegiefoundation.org/get-involved/jobs/listings/office-facilities-assistant/