The Post-Baccalaureate Fellowship is a paid, two-year program that provides recent college graduates with a chance to learn from and contribute to the Foundation’s efforts in the field of education.
APPLYING FOR THE FELLOWSHIP
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2018-20 Fellowship. Check back again next year to apply for the 2019-21 cohort of Fellows.
ABOUT THE FELLOWSHIP
Post-Baccalaureate Fellows serve as full-time employees of the Foundation and are placed in different programs and departments. Through work supervised by an assigned mentor, fellows gain a range of widely applicable professional skills in research, communication, group facilitation, teamwork, project management, writing, and leadership. The fellowship is cohort-based and supported by a Fellowship Director, allowing the Fellows to regularly engage in meaningful learning activities with peers in the program. Fellows are asked to assume leadership roles in the program in order to actively shape and continually improve the Fellowship.
Overall, Post-Baccalaureate Fellows receive broad exposure to the Foundation’s current work, including the areas of education policy, education research, and networked improvement science. In addition, Fellows are introduced to the deep expertise and large professional network of Carnegie staff and partners.
Fellows must have completed their bachelor’s degree within the past two years to be eligible for the program and be authorized to work in the U.S. The Foundation does not offer visa sponsorship for the fellowship program.
- Networking and collaboration opportunities to work with national leaders in the fields of education and improvement science
- Training, mentoring, and leadership development opportunities
- Opportunity to attend one relevant national conference with travel, housing, and registration expenses paid
- Full-time, compensated appointment
- Generous benefits package
- Relocation stipend to facilitate your move to the Carnegie Foundation in Stanford, California
- Stanford Courtesy Card which provides use of Stanford facilities and a wide range of discounts
The Post-Baccalaureate fellows have been engaged in a wide range of responsibilities across Carnegie, from developing networks to designing and executing improvement science trainings. Each Fellow’s day-to-day experience is influenced by his/her mentor, his/her team’s programs, and his/her own personal and professional interests. Meet the current Fellows to learn more about the experience.