The Administrative Assistant is part of a small team providing the highest level of professional support to the President of the Carnegie Foundation and the Executive Team. This position organizes and supports the activities of the President and the Executive Office in a professional, proactive, efficient, and effective manner, while maintaining confidentiality at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative, project, and event support to the President and Executive Office as outlined below:
- Provide high-level administrative support for the President and contribute to the Foundation’s collaborative Executive Office team.
- Efficiently manage and accurately maintain the complex and dynamic calendar of the President. Proactively alert the President and Chief of Staff to deadlines, potential conflicts, etc.
- Prepare daily meeting materials for the President.
- Use Concur (our expense management software) to track and reconcile the President’s expenses and to process reimbursements and invoices.
- Make complex travel arrangements for the President that may involve multiple travelers and/or multiple destinations (hotel, air/ground transportation, meeting arrangements), and prepare and follow up on necessary expense reimbursement reports accurately on a timely basis.
- Coordinate logistical details for meetings and special events with Executive Team members and external partners, often working collaboratively with other Foundation staff, including: preparing and sending invitations, tracking RSVPs, preparing event materials, securing and setting up the venue, arranging catering, audio-visual needs, local transportation for participants, etc.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- 2 years of experience providing high level administrative support and coordination is strongly preferred.
Skill Requirements and Qualifications
The ideal candidate…
- Will be an extremely hard-working self-starter who is able to work independently toward goals while also being willing and able to work closely and effectively with others;
- Must exhibit sound judgment and be dependable, proactive, and trustworthy;
- Must have the ability to multi-task quickly and effectively and meet multiple deadlines in a calm, courteous, and professional manner;
- Must possess very strong computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and other MS Office Suite components, Google Apps, and video conferencing platforms) with the ability to learn new technologies and software quickly;
- Must demonstrate a very high level of skill and confidence in both oral and written forms of communication;
- Must have a high level of comfort communicating at all levels of the organization, with both internal and external constituents and people from a variety of backgrounds and life experiences;
- Must desire to be part of, and have the ability to contribute to, a highly collaborative and dynamic environment; and
- Should have an interest in non-profit administration, education, and/or continuous improvement.
THE WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- The Foundation offers a collaborative, community-building atmosphere grounded in an environment of mutual respect.
- The facility is located in Stanford, California in a quiet pastoral setting near a hiking trail.
- Amenities include a communal kitchen (coffee, tea, and drinks provided), weekly catered lunches, and outdoor eating/gathering areas.
- We also offer on-site yoga classes, free parking, and electric car charging stations.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Full medical, dental, vision, life, accidental death, disability, and long term care insurance, as well as employer subsidized flexible spending plans
- A retirement savings plan, including employer contributions and the opportunity for your own tax-advantaged savings
- Generous time-off benefits including 15 paid holidays and up to 6 weeks paid parental leave
- Matching Gift program to benefit charitable organizations and Educational Assistance to further your professional development
Permanent link to page: https://www.carnegiefoundation.org/get-involved/jobs/listings/administrative-assistant-to-the-president/