A Model for Unleashing
April 4, 2017
Like the Carnegie Foundation, the Billions Institute believes that improvement is possible. Cofounders Joe McCannon and Becky Kanis Margiotta spoke at the 2017 Summit on Improvement in Education about how to implement breakthroughs in teaching and learning in your school or community. Their “model for unleashing” emphasizes:
- Clear purpose and aims;
- Thoughtful design for scalability;
- Appropriate use of many vehicles for reaching broad impact (from replication to commercialization to mergers to policy change);
- Agile, distributed operations;
- Deep, data-driven improvisation; and
- Management approaches that reduce fear and spark creativity across large movements.
We see many valuable points of comparison with the six core principles of improvement.